- 5 Things: Daily news briefings from CNNon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Rewards members: Score an extra 30% off with this Kohl’s couponon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- 21 last-minute Mother’s Day gifts your mom will truly enjoyon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Should you buy an AirTag or a Tile tracker? Here’s how they stack upon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- 24 products we tested last month (and totally loved)on May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- These $119 AirPods alternatives are big on bass and battery lifeon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- We tested several USB-C hubs: These 3 stood outon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- 2 minutes could save over $40k on your refinanceon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Spanx’s faux leather leggings are totally worth their price tagon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- 15 gorgeous Wayfair bed frames that only look expensiveon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- The Surface Laptop 4 is great, but can it top the MacBook Pro?on May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- The pros and cons of the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit cardon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- 10 cute gym bags that will make you actually want to work outon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Reliable Sources: Inside America’s political divideson May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Axe Files: WH Press Secretary Jen Psakion May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Behind the Desk: The story of late night TVon May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Political Briefing: Is bipartisanship dead?on May 6, 2021 at 18:37
- Why do we wish on a star?on May 6, 2021 at 22:18
One of my family’s favorite activities is sitting around the firepit under a clear night sky, equipped with blankets and all the fixings for s’mores, of course.
- As Trump loyalty trumps ideology, conservatives hold their noses for Stefanikon May 6, 2021 at 22:17
• Opinion: Elise Stefanik’s shameful move • Analysis: What does Liz Cheney do next?
- Caitlyn Jenner says friends are fleeing California because of homeless peopleon May 6, 2021 at 22:09
In an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, Caitlyn Jenner discussed her policy positions and laid out her case against California Gov. Gavin Newsom.
- Elise Stefanik’s shameful moveon May 6, 2021 at 22:01
There was once a fear that took over the Republican Party and the nation.
- Analysis: There’s really good news, but getting back to normal is hardon May 6, 2021 at 21:58
After more than a year of unimaginable loss — in excess of 579,000 Covid deaths in the US, unnerving economic and political uncertainty — there’s some really good news to report.
- US weighs unfreezing $1 billion in Iranian fundson May 6, 2021 at 21:54
• Psaki says she talked with Biden transition team about a roughly one-year term
- Medical staff ordered to run from ICU fearing backlashon May 6, 2021 at 21:53
Medical staff in India were ordered to flee from an ICU in fear of attacks from grieving family members. CNN’s Sam Kiley reports.
- The foster care system is failing Black children and the death of Ma’Khia Bryant is one example, experts and attorney sayon May 6, 2021 at 21:44
Ma’Khia Bryant was charging at two young women with a knife, police body camera video footage shows, when an officer arrived and fatally shot her outside the foster home she had been living in for about two months.
- Gen. Petraeus on why US may regret pulling troops from Afghanistanon May 6, 2021 at 21:42
Gen. David Petraeus (Ret.) tells CNN’s Jake Tapper why he fears the US may regret its military withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- Almost a million people signed up for Obamacare coverage through April after Biden reopened exchangeson May 6, 2021 at 21:34
Almost a million people signed up for 2021 health insurance coverage on the federal Affordable Care Act exchange during the first 10 weeks of President Joe Biden’s special enrollment period, according to data released Thursday from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Colombia’s protests, explainedon May 6, 2021 at 21:26
More than a week of violent protests across Colombia have seen least 25 people killed and hundreds injured, prompting statements of concern from the US government and the European Union.
- A French woman was shot and burned by her estranged husband, officials say, as anger builds over femicideson May 6, 2021 at 21:16
A 31-year-old French woman was shot and burned alive by her estranged husband in broad daylight, authorities said on Thursday, in a brutal killing that has stunned the country and reignited anger over femicides.
- Opinion: I have some news for my young peers on vaccinationon May 6, 2021 at 21:12
I am a healthy 26-year-old who has already received two doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine. I felt it was important for me to get the shot — not only would it powerfully build up my immunity to the novel coronavirus, but it would also help protect those around me.
- US expands access in push to get holdouts vaccinated against Covidon May 6, 2021 at 21:07
The United States is offering up freebies, expanding the pool of those eligible and shifting access to local pharmacies in its attempts to encourage vaccine holdouts to get inoculated against Covid-19.
- Facebook told to investigate its role in insurrectionon May 6, 2021 at 20:54
Facebook’s independent oversight board on Wednesday upheld the company’s decision to suspend former President Donald Trump. But one of the most important aspects of the decision wasn’t really about the former President’s social media accounts at all; instead it was a recommendation for a deeper review of the role the platform played in the spread of election conspiracy theories that, in the board’s words, “exacerbated tensions that culminated in the violence in the United States on January 6.”
- Biden’s Wall Street cop is putting Robinhood on noticeon May 6, 2021 at 20:54
Gary Gensler, the newly installed chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, put Robinhood and Citadel Securities on notice Thursday about a potential crackdown in the Biden era.
- Major Tesla investor dumps a big chunk of shareson May 6, 2021 at 20:38
A major shareholder in Tesla has become bearish about the company.
- IBM says it has created the world’s smallest and most powerful microchipon May 6, 2021 at 19:46
The semiconductor industry’s constant challenge is to make microchips that are smaller, faster, more powerful and more energy efficient — simultaneously.
- Harry and Meghan call for vaccine equityon May 6, 2021 at 19:33
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have called for donations in support of Covid-19 vaccine equity throughout the world in honor of their son Archie’s second birthday.
- 2,000-year-old marble head of Rome’s first emperor discoveredon May 6, 2021 at 19:23
A 2,000-year-old marble head of Augustus, Rome’s first emperor, has been discovered in Isernia, an Italian town in the south central region of Molise.
- Jamie Dimon calls Biden’s tax hike plan ‘a little crazy’on May 6, 2021 at 19:05
Several top business leaders have backed President Joe Biden’s plan to raise taxes on large corporations and the wealthy and spend more on infrastructure. But JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon wants to see more details.
- Mortgage rates are falling againon May 6, 2021 at 18:55
• • Germany resists calls to waive Covid vaccine patents
- Nearly 1 in 3 new stores opening in the US is a Dollar Generalon May 6, 2021 at 18:50
Three dollar store chains will make up almost half of all the new stores opening up in the United States this year, a reflection of the dollar store sector’s outsized growth in the retail industry as other chains close shops or stop building new ones.
- A look at Bill and Melinda Gates’ enormous lakefront homeon May 6, 2021 at 18:48
News of the Bill and Melinda Gates’ divorce ricocheted around the world this week, raising a number of questions: What, why? What about the foundation? Is it too soon to ask Melinda to star in a reality TV series with Mackenzie Scott?
- The pandemic brought the American steel industry to its knees last spring, and now a bubble could be brewing in steel stockson May 6, 2021 at 18:40
A bubble could be brewing in steel stocks.
- Royal family wishes Archie a happy birthday as he turns 2 years oldon May 6, 2021 at 18:39
Members of the royal family have wished Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, son of Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, a happy birthday as he turns 2 years old.
- Suspect in custody after Idaho middle school shooting that injured threeon May 6, 2021 at 18:35
Two students and one adult suffered non-life-threatening injuries during a shooting at Rigby Middle School in Rigby, Idaho, on Thursday, according to a statement from the school district obtained by CNN affiliate East Idaho News.
- Opinion: The ‘gray divorce’ trend: As the Gates split shows, more older couples are getting divorced. Here’s whyon May 6, 2021 at 18:14
After 27 years of marriage, Bill and Melinda Gates have Tweeted out their decision to divorce. Why would two people in a long-standing marriage — a union that has seen the couple through the making of billions, and the establishment of one of the world’s largest foundations — decide to part ways?
- Mother-friend gossip chain prompts FBI to identify US Capitol riot defendanton May 6, 2021 at 17:30
A New Jersey man is facing charges for taking part in the US Capitol insurrection after family friends gossiped that he was at the pro-Trump riot.
- ‘Fast & Furious’ actor revealed on ‘The Masked Singer’on May 6, 2021 at 17:24
An actor well known for the “Fast & Furious” franchise was revealed as Robopine on the latest episode of “The Masked Singer.”
- Jada Pinkett Smith’s daughter surprised her with the ultimate Mother’s Day gifton May 6, 2021 at 17:09
Willow Smith surprised her mom by reuniting her old band, Wicked Wisdom, and performing one of their songs for Mother’s Day.
- Applebee’s shorter menu is here to stay. Here’s what got cuton May 6, 2021 at 17:09
Last year, when Applebee’s sales took a hit in the pandemic, the chain slimmed down its menu. Now its sales are recovering, but Applebee’s is sticking with the change.
- Jen Psaki says she talked with the Biden transition team about a roughly one-year termon May 6, 2021 at 16:47
• Biden criticizes tax cuts for wealthy while pushing middle-class agenda • Blinken says US ‘actively looking’ at boosting security cooperation with Ukraine during trip to Kiev
- The best sales to shop today: Apple, Madewell, Sur La Table and moreon May 6, 2021 at 16:08
- A top restaurant is going vegan. Here’s what could go wrongon May 6, 2021 at 15:55
Earlier this week, Eleven Madison Park’s chef and owner Daniel Humm made an unexpected announcement: When the famed New York City restaurant reopens its doors next month, meat will be off the menu.
- This is how hard it is to buy a house right nowon May 6, 2021 at 15:49
- The US eyes possible ‘Roaring ’20s’ recoveryon May 6, 2021 at 15:05
Stock market hitting record highs, booming construction and rampant spending on consumer goods. Economists say we may be in for a second Roaring Twenties, but does that mean we are in for the same stark ending? CNN’s Clare Sebastian reports.
- Tucker Carlson’s Fox News colleagues call out his dangerous anti-vaccination rhetoricon May 6, 2021 at 14:10
Some of Tucker Carlson’s colleagues at Fox News are objecting to his reckless anti-vaccination rhetoric. They are speaking out in small ways on Twitter — but they are not being given the prime time platform that Carlson enjoys, and the millions of people who watch Carlson are not being given accurate information about the Covid vaccines.
- One year after the worst jobs loss on record, millions of Americans remain out of workon May 6, 2021 at 13:00
The US labor market collapsed a year ago when more than 20 million jobs vanished in a single month. Now the economy is healing, but millions of Americans remain out of work.
- How teens are fueling an anti-aging trendon May 6, 2021 at 13:00
Before coronavirus shuttered the world, a typical month for Connecticut native Zac Mathias was packed with appointments for microneedling (a collagen-stimulating process that involves repeated pin-pricks all over the face), regular resurfacing hydrafacials, rejuvenating laser treatments and the occasional red-light therapy session.
- First official images from ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel releasedon May 6, 2021 at 12:32
Fans of the HBO blockbuster TV series “Game of Thrones” can now get a look at the first official images from the upcoming prequel “House of the Dragon.”
- Roll the tape: CNN’s Brianna Keilar shines light on Sen. Hawley’s ironic complainton May 6, 2021 at 12:22
After objecting to the certification of the electoral college results in January, Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) has repeatedly claimed — on national TV — that he has been canceled and silenced. CNN’s Brianna Keilar looks back at Sen. Hawley’s comments surrounding the 2020 election and its results.
- A series of love letters, handwritten by JFK to his Swedish mistress, are going up for saleon May 6, 2021 at 11:13
A series of love letters, handwritten by President John F. Kennedy to his Swedish mistress, are going up for sale at a Boston auction house.
- It’s a win-win-win for GOP — and Liz Cheneyon May 6, 2021 at 10:52
Our political climate promotes — almost demands — a zero-sum mentality, where we assume every situation produces winners and losers. But on the news that House Republicans are preparing to dump their conference chair Rep. Liz Cheney (despite voting to keep her just three months ago after the second Trump impeachment), I am reminded of the old rule from Michael Scott in “The Office” on optimal conflict resolution: win-win-win.
- George Clooney is diehard Brad Pitt fan in hilarious adon May 6, 2021 at 05:04
Actor George Clooney performed a comedy sketch for an Omaze fundraiser he is holding for the Clooney Foundation for Justice, an organization focused on fighting for human rights.
- A Chauvin’s juror’s rally t-shirt is a phony pretext for upsetting the verdicton May 6, 2021 at 01:21
A photo of Brandon Mitchell, one of the jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial, shows him wearing a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. t-shirt emblazoned with the words, “Get your knee off our necks” for the March on Washington commemorative demonstration last year. Mitchell says he answered “no” on his juror questionnaire form when asked whether he attended “protests about police use of force or police brutality” and seemingly does not consider the 2020 March on Washington to be such a rally.
- The only decision Facebook should make on Trumpon May 5, 2021 at 22:38
On Wednesday, Facebook’s oversight board upheld the company’s January 7 decision to disable former President Donald Trump’s account in the aftermath of a deadly riot at the nation’s Capitol — but threw the decision back to Facebook on how long the ban should last. The board gave Facebook six months to decide how long the punishment will apply.
- Meet the man behind some of the best questions on Twitteron May 5, 2021 at 22:36
Eric Alper is a music publicist. But if social media is any gauge, he spends a good part of his day sparking conversation by crafting questions on Twitter, like “What opening lyric of a song gives you chills?”
- Google backtracks on office returns and will allow employees to work remotelyon May 5, 2021 at 22:11
Google is expanding its options for when, where and how often employees return to the office.
- Bill Barr’s indefensible defense of Trump isn’t fooling judgeon May 5, 2021 at 20:21
We already knew that former Attorney General Bill Barr grossly misled Congress and the public about the findings of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation. Turns out, it’s even worse than that. New revelations in a Washington, DC, lawsuit make clear the depths of the fundamental dishonesty that marred Barr’s tenure as attorney general.
- Will Rudy Giuliani flip against Trump?on May 4, 2021 at 23:45
The question arose the minute federal agents began their search of Rudy Giuliani’s home and office. Once again someone close to former President Donald Trump — someone who could testify against the former president — was in prosecutors’ crosshairs. Once again it seems possible that a Trump friend could flip into an enemy.
- Astronauts splash down after record-setting missionon May 2, 2021 at 10:44
A SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule soared back from outer space and made a parachute landing in the Gulf of Mexico, returning four astronauts from a record-setting mission to the International Space Station.